Thinking about packing up your home up for storage or moving? We’ve moved enough times to share a few handy tips.
Here are our top 5 tips
- Plan your pack. Getting the right materials upfront is key to getting you going and planning it right. Our recommended starter pack includes:
- Bubble Wrap
- Tape and tape gun
- Paper wrapping sheets
- Boxes in various sizes
- Marker pens
- Labeling stickers
- Whilst packing, take photos of complicated set ups like the back your TV. If there is anything you have set you have that took you forever to get just right, snap a photo for a quick reference later.
- Make sure you pack everything that belongs in a particular room together in a room-labeled box. This makes your unpacking easier once you get where you are going.
- Don’t leave a box with empty space This can cause your box to be squashed which isn’t good for the box or your goods in it. Heavier items should be placed on the bottom and lighter items should be placed on the top inside the boxes. Getting as many items as possible in each box will help cut down on the amount of boxes you may need.
- But be careful not to put more in there than the box is designed for – if you can’t close the lid, then there’s too much in there. Remember that you need to keep the box under 25kgs in weight so we can carry it! A good rule of thumb is, if you can’t lift it easily, neither can we.